This internship is for the individual who is interested in working in a fitness/wellness center located within a senior living community. The intern in this position will be assigned to one of many senior living sites managed by NIFS.
- Conduct health screening and fitness testing.
- Develop exercise prescriptions and equipment orientations.
- Assist in the day-to-day operations of a senior fitness facility.
- Prepare educational materials including bulletin boards, newsletter articles, health quizzes, etc.
- Plan motivation and incentive programs.
- Market and promote membership.
- Interest in management of a senior fitness facility.
- Educational background in wellness programming, functional fitness testing and balance assessments, and exercise prescription.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of ACSM guidelines for exercise prescription (certification not mandatory).
- Knowledge of applied exercise physiology, kinesiology, functional anatomy, nutrition, health appraisal and fitness testing.
- Experience working with weight resistance and aerobic conditioning equipment.
- Personal mode of transportation.
- Skilled in Microsoft Windows applications.