Fall Half and Full Marathon Training Program
Training starts August 15–November 3, 2018; Wednesdays, 6am OR 6pm at NIFS. Long Runs—Saturdays at 7am.
NIFS fall training program prepares you for the Monumental Marathon and half marathon on November 3, 2018 by providing you with a 12-week training program and weekly long runs with a training coach.
NOTE: Full Marathon participants must have a running base of at least 8 miles per week prior to start of training. Half marathon runners must have a running base of at least 6 miles prior to start of training. You should also be able to run/walk an average pace of 15 minutes/mile.What: 12-week training program developed by endurance specialists with three different experience levels to follow.
When: Training will be on Wednesdays at 6am OR 6pm at NIFS. Please choose a time when you sign up. Full marathon runners will also meet on Saturday's at 7a for 8 miles or longer distance runs.
Where: NIFS Fitness Center
- 30-minute pre-program training meeting with program coordinator designed to:
- Review your training goals
- Establish your current running pace
- Answer questions you might have about training or competing in a race.
- Weekly runs with a training group and coaching throughout the course
- On site coaching each week of training and coaches available throughout the program to guide your training and help you determine your training pace
- Helpful running handouts and tips
- Weekly enewsletter
- Custom Program T-shirt
- RACE ENTRY NOT INCLUDED
Register and Cost:
Early Bird—June 25 – July 22
- Full Marathon—NIFS Members $65, Non-Members: $80
- Half Marathon—NIFS Members $55, Non-Members: $70
- Full Marathon—NIFS Members $75, Non-Members: $90
- Half Marathon—NIFS Members $65, Non-Members: $80
To participate in the Monumental Marathon you must be able to hold a 15 minute per mile pace for the race. Participants must be able to walk 6 consecutive miles at 15 minute mile pace to participate in the program.
To participate in the Monumental Half Marathon you must be able to hold a 15 minute per mile pace for the race. Participants must be able to walk 2 consecutive miles at 15 minute mile pace to participate in the program.
About the Coach: Brittany Ignas is excited to be the Coach of this year’s Half and Full Marathon Program. As a 2 time marathoner herself, Brittany can relate to the physical, emotional and mental toughness a marathon can bring, but even better the feelings of accomplishing a HUGE GOAL! Brittany has her B.S. in Kinesiology, is 200 hour yoga certified, Stott Pilates Certified and has been teaching and coaching fitness for over 8 years. Her passion is to help others achieve their goals, and that is what this program is about. She is not just going to be there on your hardest runs, she is going to be there to help you recover your body so you can get to the finish, she is going to offer exercises for your brain since we all know a marathon is more mental than physical, and she will be there to support you every step of the way. Join her for a journey to achieving great goals!
Thank you to our sponsor: