It should come as no surprise to anyone that High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) and Metabolic Conditioning workouts are crazy-popular and are here to stay for the foreseeable future. Research continues to report the scientific findings associated with the many benefits of this style of training. In addition to the research, the anecdotal evidence and many testimonials from normal folks have shown amazing results from functional training done at higher intensities.
Benefits of HIIT
Here are just a few of the benefits that are continually reported from training at higher intensities:
- Burns a bunch of calories and fat
- Shortens workouts
- Improves multiple facets of fitness (cardio, endurance, strength, power)
- Includes fun and energizing movements
The bottom line is that training at higher intensities coupled with the proper exercises provides a bunch of bennies with a low time cost. Sounds great, right? Where can you go to reap such benefits?
NIFS Class of the Month
BODYATTACK is our class of the month, and it delivers that high-intensity and fun style of training that will help you attack your fitness goals. Check it out:
Looks pretty cool, right? Ready to give a class a try? You can expect a great deal of the following:
- High energy
- Suited for all fitness levels
- Functional fitness focus
- Big calorie burn
- Fun and athletic movements
- Improves agility, coordination, and stamina
- Energizing music
- Group atmosphere to keep you motivated
Tips for Success
Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Choose the length of class that is right for you. You do not have to take a whole class. Start slow and ramp up to a longer class.
- Be sure to pay attention to the instructor for movement variations. Watch, listen, and take the options the instructor gives you for your individual success.
- Take a buddy with you! Working in a group of like-minded people can be super powerful and will help keep you on track and help you enjoy the class even more.
I love to train hard; there is no better feeling than giving your best effort and knowing it after a great workout! If training hard is something that has been missing for you, don’t wait any longer: get into a BODYATTACK class immediately and “FEEL IT ALL”! Classes are offered on Tuesdays at 6:05pm and Thursdays at 5:15pm.
This blog was written by Tony Maloney, ACSM Certified Exercise Physiologist and Fitness Center Manager. To find out more about the NIFS bloggers, click here.